Safe and Easiest way to Upgrade your WordPress to 2.7! Just in 5 clicks!!
My first post after upgrading this blog to WordPress 2.7! I planned 2 hrs time for upgradation process. Why 2hrs of time? Ha yes, planned 2 hrs because first I need to read how to upgrade, and then need to backup all the things. But all this happened in just 10 minutes for me. I’m just surprised 🙂 Want to know how? Here we go…
Till today morning, I don’t have any idea on upgradation and all the things. Just after the breakfast, came and fixed in front of my laptop for the huge planned work upgrade. Just started searching on how to upgrade WordPress to 2.7 and landed in a page having simple plugin which can do all this for me.
‘WordPress Automatic Upgrade plugin’ is a simple free plugin which can complete all your upgrade work just in 10 min. The awesome plugin developed by Techie-buzz can do all the backups, plugin deactivations, upgrade, activations and what else, everything automated and click away.
What is WordPress Automatic Upgrade?
WordPress Automatic Upgrade is a plugin that automatically upgrades your WordPress version to the latest files provided by WordPress.org using the 5 steps provided in the WordPress upgrade instructions.
- Click here to download the plugin.
- Unzip and upload it to /wp-content/plugins/ folder
- After activating the plugin you will see a pink bar at the top that says “Click Here to Automatically Upgrade WordPress to latest Version”.
- Just click on that and follow the steps to get it done
- For safety, don’t neglect to read the instructions it provides in each step…
What it does?
- Backs up the files and makes available a link to download it.
- Backs up the database and makes available a link to download it.
- Downloads the latest files from http://wordpress.org/latest.zip and unzips it.
- Puts the site in maintenance mode.
- De-activates all active plugins and remembers it.
- Upgrades WordPress files.
- Gives you a link that will open in a new window to upgrade installation.
- Re-activates the plugins.
- Delete old file, if any
- Rolls the site back and working…
This is the most easy and safest process I ever experienced. A novice WordPress user can upgrade their blogs now. Thanks a lot for the plugin developer.
Hope you found it useful. Are you on WP 2.7 now? (May be I’m the laziest 🙂 ) Share with us! Happy Blogging!!