Must install wordpress plug-ins for your new blog!
After good design of your blog there are some mandatory plug-ins to install upon wordpress for user friendliness and ensuring security to your blog data.
What are Plugins?
“Plugins are tools to extend the functionality of WordPress”
Few words from wordpress-A WordPress plugin is a program, or a set of one or more functions, written in the PHP scripting language, that adds a specific set of features or services to the WordPress weblog, which can be seamlessly integrated with the weblog using access points and methods provided by the WordPress Plugin Application Program Interface (API).
Here are some of the plug-ins that i installed immediate to wordpress installation for TechZoomIn.
- All in One SEO Pack – Optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
- Archives by Selected Categories-This WordPress plugin allows you to generate a list of posts separated by category. You can choose to display all categories, or just those you select. Under each category heading, the posts are sorted by date, with the most recent first. Additionally, the date for each post is shown next to the link.
- Easy Post-to-Post Links-Easily create a link to another post using a simple shortcut that references the post’s id or slug; the link text is the post’s title, unless overridden.
- FeedBurner FeedSmith-This plugin detects all ways to access your original WordPress feeds and redirects them to your FeedBurner feed so you can track every possible subscriber.
- Microkid’s Related Posts-Manually add related posts to show the related posts under your every post.This will give good results to increase your page views count.
- Numbered Comments-Add the number of each comment and count the total of the post and blog
- Secure and Accessible PHP Contact Form-This powerful yet easy-to-install contact form features exceptional accessibility and usability while still providing extensive anti-spam and anti-exploit security features. A marriage of communication and peace-of-mind.
- ShareThis-Let your visitors share a post/page with others. Supports e-mail and posting to social bookmarking sites.
- WordPress Database Backup-WordPress database backup creates backups of your core WordPress tables as well as other tables of your choice in the same database.
- WP 125*125 Ads Plugin:The WP125 plugin can help you manage your ads more efficiently, leaving you with more time to write new posts. The plugin adds a new “Ads” menu to the WordPress admin, featuring submenus for tweaking display settings and adding and removing ads.
It’s very important to use the 10th plugin to take backup of your database upto date,to prevent data loss due to hacking or something else.
I will update this post on the long run to let you guys know more important plugins that help you to maintain your blog easily and successfully.
Please do comment your opinion on plugins !